Arriving after midnight did not stop us… we still Periscoped our thoughts on #ISTE2015 as we sipped our coffee.
Follow us on Twitter: @edtechyoda and @mswojo
Watch and… don’t laugh too hard. We were exhausted but exhilarated. (And, yes, we found out that it wasn’t backwards. And that we couldn’t see hearts or comments. Oh well- we’ll do better next time.)
In order, here are our highlights (sorry for the long list):
- Design Matters!
- EdTech’s role in discussing race and social justice
- http://www.educolor.org/ (They have a mailing list!)
- On Twitter, follow Rafranz Davis (@RafranzDavis), Educolor (@EduColorMVMT), search #educolor
- The Myriad Different Types of Sessions at ISTE as a model for the way we provide PD- How will we use these ways of teaching and learning next school year?
- Vendor Pop-ups (all the cool kids)
- Tools v. Pedagogy: this conversation will continue…
- SHOUTOUTS! #postISTE2015shoutout
- CoffeeEDU: Next CoffeeEDU is Thursday, 7/9 at 10:30am, Philz Coffee, 1313 9th St., Berkeley, CA
- Alice Keeler: www.alicekeeler.com, follow her on Twitter: @alicekeeler
- ISTEunplugged: Our #hacked15 tweets via Storify: https://storify.com/edtechyoda/isteunplugged-2015, their webpage: http://www.isteunplugged.com/
- #notatiste15, follow Craig Yen on Twitter (@craigyen)
- #ISTEball at the Phillies game!
- We love PHILLY!
- BE ROCKY- don’t give up!
- It looks backwards, but it isn’t: When filming, we used the front-facing camera, so we saw everything mirrored. It wasn’t. Now we know.
- We couldn’t see comments or hearts: Still working on this. Stay tuned.
- Make sure to save to your camera roll because the link expires after 24 hours.
- It’s helpful to have a stand like the iPevo AT-ST video stand when taking long videos. I can’t imagine taking this as if it were one long selfie.